- 1 medium turnip (1 lb.), cut into french-fry strips
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- Cooking spray
- Put turnip strips into a large bowl and toss with oil to coat.
- If you have a shaker: fill with cheese, spices, and salt. Shake over oiled strips and toss so that strips are evenly coated.
- If you don’t have a shaker: put cheese, spices, and salt into a plastic bag. Shake to mix. Add oiled turnip strips and shake until evenly coated.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread strips out onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in 425º F oven until outside is crispy and inside is tender when a fork is inserted, about 20-25 minutes. Steam will pour out of the strips near the end; don’t worry; you’re not setting them on fire.
- Good hot and cool.
For Weight Watchers: 2 points for per 1 lb. turnip on both the Points and PointsPlus plans.