These 5 ingredient Tortilla Pinwheels appetizer are not only delicious, they are easy to make and WW friendly. You can also use leftover rotisserie chicken if you are short on time. Course Appetizer, Snack
Cuisine American, Canadian
Keyword pinwheels, roll ups, tortilla, weight watchers
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time15 minutes
Resting time1 hour
TotalTime1 hour 30 minutes
- 4 – 10 inch tortillas tomato flavour
- 2 cups chicken (2 chicken breasts), finely chopped or shredded * you can substitute rotisserie chicken or canned chicken breast
- 1 red pepper finely chopped
- ¾ cup red onion (1 medium red onion) finely chopped
- 8 tablespoon light cream cheese * I use the spreadable (or substitute non fat cream cheese)
- Grill chicken breasts and chop finely or shred. Mix onion, chicken and red pepper together.
- Spread 2 tbsps light cream cheese over each tortilla, as you would jam. Then spread a layer of the mixture on each tortilla. Repeat until mixture has been used
- Roll tortilla in half, as shown.
- Then gently pull back to the edge and start rolling from there
- Continue rolling tightly.
- Continue rolling until you get to the edge
- When you get to the edge, add a little more cream cheese, so it will stick together.
- Roll right up and place seam side down.
- Wrap in saran wrap and place tortillas in fridge for one hour
- Cut off the ends (with no filling)
- Slice into ¾ inch slices and serve! * You can use a measuring tape to ensure you have equal sized pieces.
Going through my calendar on Monday morning, I notice there’s a potluck at work on Wednesday. In retrospect, I really wish I had thought of making these WW Tortilla Pinwheels to bring to the potluck! These tortilla pinwheels are 1 WW point on my plan
Ugh. I’m not usually one to take it for granted when others cook for me and I generally get excited about potlucks at work because it means that I don’t have to pack lunch, but not this time. Not this one. Not on the day before weigh
So, I turned to my online WW connect group for Weight Watchers appetizer suggestions. Most people said to bring something WW friendly so I’d have something to eat. But I was torn because… IT WASN’T MY TURN to bring anything and I honestly welcomed that break because I’m constantly preparing food for other people. I really really didn’t want to make anything. Plus, I convinced myself that I’d find something low points enough to eat and that I could do this by skipping both breakfast and dinner that day. So… I took my chances. Big mistake. I really wish I had just sucked it up and made these.
Tortilla roll ups are really easy to make and you don’t have to worry about heating them up when you get to the party or potluck. That’s also why they make a great summer appetizer! You can even grill the chicken or used leftover rotisserie chicken so you don’t have to heat up your house. So, if you are looking for easy pinwheel recipes, then give this Weight Watchers chicken appetizer a try. They are simple (only 5 ingredients) but oh so delicious!