- 2 lbs raw 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 medium carrots, minced (I recommend using a food processor or food chopper)
- 8 oz white mushrooms, minced (I recommend using a food processor or food chopper)
- 2 medium yellow onions, minced (I recommend using a food processor or food chopper)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups water
- 2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 oz uncooked pasta shells
- Lightly mist a large dutch oven or soup pot with cooking spray and bring over medium heat. Place the ground turkey in the pot and cook, breaking up with a spoon or spatula. Add the Montreal Steak seasoning and stir in. Cook until the turkey is cooked through and in small pieces.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms, onions, garlic, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce and stir together. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until vegetables are softened. Add the water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar and cayenne pepper and stir together. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Cover the pot and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the pasta and stir until well combined. Re-cover the pot and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the pasta is cooked through. Remove from heat, stir and allow to sit for 15 minutes uncovered before serving.
WEIGHT WATCHERS SMARTPOINTS:
5 per (scant 2 cups) serving (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
9 per (scant 2 cups) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER (SCANT 2 CUPS) SERVING:
359 calories, 52 g carbs, 13 g sugars, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 34 g protein, 6 g fiber