Nutrition FactsCurried Sweet Potatoes with Green PeasAmount Per Serving (1 /6th of recipe)Calories 116% Daily Value*Fat 0g0%Carbohydrates 25g8%Fiber 2g8%Protein 4g8%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- ▢3 large sweet potatoes, baked (or microwaved) in their skins until done but still firm
- ▢2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- ▢1 can (14 to 16 ounces) diced tomatoes
- ▢1 to 2 teaspoons good quality curry powder, or to taste
- ▢Salt to taste
- ▢2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Bake or microwave the sweet potatoes in their skins, until done but still firm. When they are cool enough to handle, peel and chop them into large 1-inch pieces.
- Put the peas and tomatoes in a large saucepan set over medium heat and bring bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes and curry powder.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Lower the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve.