- 3 Tbsp Land o’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute ( I use baking Splenda)
- 2 eggs or 1/2 liquid egg substitute
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup self rising flour – I use Gold Medal
- 3/4 cup light or fat free cheddar cheese – I use Velveeta shreds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt butter in microwave for 30 seconds or until butter is melted, remove from microwave and add sugar substitute.
- In a large mixing bowl combine, eggs and melted butter mixture. Beat until well combined.
- Pour in unsweetened almond milk and stir in cornmeal, baking powder, flour, cheese and salt and stir until well blended.
- Pour batter into muffin tins about 2/3 full. Repeat until all muffin tins are filled.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Make 12 muffins
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 99TOTAL FAT: 3gSATURATED FAT: 3gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 1gCHOLESTEROL: 3mgSODIUM: 322mgCARBOHYDRATES: 16gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 14gFIBER: 2gSUGAR: 0gPROTEIN: 4g