PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME20 minutes
TOTAL TIME25 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups mashed potatoes-I use Simply Potatoes or you can make your own by peeling, cooking, and mashing 1.5 lb. russet potatoes
- 2 cups whole kernel corn, frozen and thawed
- 10 oz. Tyson’s popcorn chicken, chicken nuggets or Tyson’s blackened chicken strips for a zero point chicken option
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese- I use Velveeta Shreds
- 1/2 cup Heinz brown gravy
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 400 degrees. Cook popcorn chicken for 3-5 minutes or until chicken is soft and tender.
- Remove chicken pieces from oven or air fryer. Let the popcorn chicken cool for 5 minutes.
- Spray 9×13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread a single layer mashed potatoes into prepared dish. ( tip-if the mashed potatoes are hard/cold just place in microwave for 2 minutes so it’s easier to spread)
- Layer the corn over the top of the mashed potatoes.
- Using a knife cut popcorn chicken into quarters.
- Layer popcorn chicken pieces on top of corn.
- Cook for another 10 minutes, or until the chicken is crispy.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over the top and place back into the oven until cheese is melted.
- Heat the gravy on the stove top or according to the instructions. Drizzle the gravy over the casserole.
- If you don’t have a food scale-it’s equivalent to about 10-12 ( depending on size) Tyson’s popcorn chicken pieces.
- If you have potatoes as a zero point food-you can make your own homemade mashed potatoes by peeling, cooking, and mashing 1.5 lb. russet potatoes since the Simply Potatoes contain margarine and will not be zero smart points.
- 8 Points® per serving if using Tyson’s popcorn chicken or 5 Points® per serving if using Tyson’s blackened chicken tenders
- source: www.thepounddropper.com