Easy to make and suitable for home freezing, these Breakfast Egg Muffins make a perfect low point Weight Watchers Breakfast. Between 0 & 2 Personal Points depending on your particular choices Just 1 SmartPoint per muffin on WW Blue plan & WW Purple plan and 2 SmartPoint on WW Green plan.
- 12 medium eggs
- 1/2 medium onion chopped finely
- 1 cup fresh spinach (30g)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fat free mozzarella (shredded) (120g)
- Calorie controlled spray oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / 360°F / Gas mark 4
- Spray & wipe a small amount of calorie controlled spray oil (such as Pam or Frylight) into a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Chop the tomatoes in half and place 2 halves in the bottom of each cup of your muffin tin.
- Roughly chop up the spinach and add a little to each of the muffin tin cups.
- Divide the grated cheese between the 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk up the 12 eggs until they are light and fluffy.
- You can use either a hand whisk or electric whisk for this.
- Add the chopped onion and stir to combine.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and stir again.
- Divide the whisked egg between each of the muffin cups. The mixture should come up approximately two thirds of the way up.
- Give each of the filled cups a little stir to combine the ingredients.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 – 24 minutes
- Remove from the oven when the muffins have risen and are golden brown.
- The muffins should pop straight out of the muffin tin but if you have any difficulty removing them run a knife (or a small spatula) around the edge to loosen them.
- Eat warm or cold.
- The muffins need to cool completely before freezing.
- Wrap them individually in plastic wrap / Saran wrap / cling film.
- Place in a freezer friendly bag and keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer and remove the plastic wrap.
- Cover in a paper towel / kitchen roll and place in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- After the initial 20 seconds, microwave in 10 second bursts until the muffin is warm through.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 165mg | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 601IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 1mg