Keto Apple Pie filling recipe that uses no apples, but still tastes EXACTLY like apple pie! Here’s a great sugar-free, healthy mock apple pie filling recipe, ready in under 30 minutes.See the recipe in the comments and make this delicious apple pie and upload a photo in the comments
- 4 cups chopped peeled eggplant
- 1/4 cup Truvia
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 2-3 teaspoons Apple Pie Spice
- 1/2-3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Whipped Cream
- Peel eggplant and chop into small dices.
- Add butter, eggplant, stevia and 1/2 cup of water in a 10-inch saucepan,. Cover and cook until the eggplant is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add in apple pie spice and xanthan gum and stir. Add 1/4 cup additional water if needed. Allow everything to cook and thicken for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream and do not treat the whipped cream as optional in this recipe.
Tips and Tricks for Making Sugar-Free Apple pie or Keto Apple Pie
- Well, firstly don’t use apples 🙂
- Cut the eggplant into small dices. The smaller the pieces, the easier is it to believe they are apples.
- You may need to add water depending on how dry/moist your eggplant is
- Cover and let the eggplant cook until it’s mushy and done.
- If your eggplant is old and has seeds, you can remove them. I used younger eggplants and did not de-seed.
- Be absolutely sure to peel the eggplant.
- Add apple pie spice if you taste any eggplant flavor at all.
- DO NOT SKIP THE WHIPPED CREAM. I don’t know why, but the cream makes a huge difference to this recipe. Well, I DO know why. Because cream.
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g