- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce or nonfat plain or Greek yogurt – I prefer using unsweetened applesauce.
- ½ cup zero point white sweetener- I use Lakanto Classic Monkfriut sweetener
- ½ cup skim milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour or gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for the Cinnamon Swirl:
- 1/2 cup zero point brown sugar sweetener or regular brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp light butter, melted
Ingredients for the Crumb Topping:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup zero point brown sugar sweetener or regular brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp light butter, slightly melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×9 pan with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the unsweetened applesauce or non fat yogurt, almond milk, white sweetener, egg, and vanilla. Note: I prefer using unsweetened applesauce vs non fat Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is a bit thicker-so if it looks too thick-try adding more unsweetened almond milk before mixing it into the dry ingredients.
Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the bowl and mix together. DO NOT OVER MIX.
Pour half of batter into prepared pan
For the Cinnamon Swirl: In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon
Pour cinnamon swirl into the batter in pan, and swirl with a knife. Pour the remaining batter on top and spread over the cinnamon swirl.
For the Crumb Topping: In the same small bowl mix butter, flour, brown sugar sweetener, and cinnamon until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping on top of batter.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days. If you want to keep it fresh for longer, you can store it in the fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for up to 3 months.
Makes 9 servings
per serving is 4 Smartpoints
4 WW Points® per serving if using Lakanto Monkfruit zero point white and brown sweetener