INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE SAUSAGE PARMESAN CREAM CHEESE SOUP
- 1 lb (450g) Italian Sausage
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (or 3 garlic cloves, minced)
- 1 (8 oz – 225g) can pureed tomato
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 medium Roma tomatoes, diced (or 1 small can petite diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
1. To make the Sausage Parmesan Cream Cheese Soup: Turn your Instant Pot to saute mode. Allow to warm up and add olive oil and onions, and cook until slightly soft.
2. Add sausage meat, break up with a spatula, and cook until it’s no longer pink, stirring frequently to make sure it doesn’t stick to the insert. Press CANCEL to stop the saute mode of your Instant Pot.
3. Add the ground tomatoes, diced tomatoes, garlic powder, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, cream cheese, and chicken broth. Give a quick stir to mix everything together.
4. To cook the sausage soup, place a lid on the Instant Pot, close, and make sure the vent is set to SEALING position. Hit PRESSURE COOK for 5 minutes. When pressure cooking is done, do a quick release, then carefully remove the lid and hit CANCEL to turn the Instant Pot off.
5. Stir in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese to the sausage soup. Divide the sausage parmesan cream cheese soup into bowls, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and more parmesan; then serve immediately. Enjoy!