These warm jam doughnuts really are close enough the the real thing that they are a real treat!
This has to be one of the best ways to use your Healthy Extra B bread- the only syns in this are in the jam, and you really don’t need a lot! This is the perfect way to stave off a sweet craving, or give yourself a guilt-free treat. if you use the bread from your Healthy Extra B allowance they are only 1 syn each, or if you have already used your Healthy Extras for the day they are still only 4 syns each! Even if you aren’t following Slimming World these are a great way to have a treat without eating all the calories in a shop-bought doughnut.
Healthy Extra: B
- 1 slice wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp strawberry jam
- Sweetener (I use Stevia, or for a real treat use a tsp of real sugar for an extra 1 syn!)
- Cut the crusts from the slice of bread and roll flat with a rolling pin.
- Spread the jam over the bread evenly and roll up tightly.
- Dip into beaten egg to thoroughly coat and fry in Frylight until the outside is slightly browned all over.
- Roll in sweetener to coat and eat while hot!
If you want to make this extra tasty you could also add a little real sugar to the coating- 1 tsp is 1 syn. It’s also lovely with a little cinnamon on the outside.