Delicious family friendly meal that is easy to make with all the best ingredients.
Chile Relleno Casserole (1 serving) contains 36g total carbs, 33g net carbs, 19g fat, 16g protein, and 380 calories.
- 27 ounces green chilies 1 can, whole chilies, preferrably Hatch brand
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 pound grated cheese monterey jack or white cheddar (or pick your favorite)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 4 eggs beaten well
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup evaporated milk small can
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare a 9 x 13 inch pan by spraying it with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, flour, evaporated milk, hot sauce, paprika, salt, and onion powder together, whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat, with onions. Cook until onions are soft and meat is browned. About 5-7 minutes.
- Add refried beans to the pan with the ground beef, and mix meat and refried beans together until full incorporated.
- Cut tortillas in 1 inch wide strips. Place ½ the tortillas to form a layer of the strips into the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Layer ½ the green chilies over the strips evenly.
- Layer ½ the cheese, then add a second layer of tortillas, then another layer of green chilies.
- Pour egg mixture topping over the top.
- Spread meat and beans over egg mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Cover with foil, and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, remove the foil for the last 5 minutes.