This Easy One Point Creamy Cauliflower Soup is so easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. A perfect soup to warm your belly! This is very delicius <3
1 Point® per serving
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 65TOTAL FAT: 4gSATURATED FAT: 1gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 3gCHOLESTEROL: 6mgSODIUM: 390mgCARBOHYDRATES: 7gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 5gFIBER: 2gSUGAR: 2gPROTEIN: 3g
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME25 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME10 minutes
TOTAL TIME45 minutes
- 1 Tbsp Land o’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 cups low sodium fat free chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan or Dutch oven pan, melt butter and flour together to make a roux.
- Add chicken broth, onion, cauliflower, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and cook over medium heat.
- Bring soup to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. This could take 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Divide the soup into 2 servings. Blend each serving in a food processor or blender-until puréed. IMPORTANT: be sure to hold the lid tightly and with a hand towel to avoid getting splashed with the hot soup.) Repeat for the other serving.
- Serve immediately. Top with fresh chives, non fat plain Greek yogurt, and/or low fat mozzarella cheese for additional points, if desired.