Keto chocolate sour cream cupcakes, the perfect combination of rich dark chocolate and sour cream. This recipe produces the richest keto chocolate cupcake you will ever have.
You all know that I love chocolate right? I mean, after all, I have an entire category dedicated to all things chocolate. I hope will check that delicious category.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups of sugar substitute (I used Swerve granulated)
- 1 cup of finely milled almond flour ( sift the almond flour for best results)
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of sea-salt
- 1 cup of strong coffee , room temperature not hot
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup of melted butter cooled
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 12 capacity regular sized muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Melt the chocolate in a double broiler, set aside and allow to cool.
- Combine the sugar substitute, almond and coconut flours, baking powder and sea-salt. Set bowl aside.
- In a small bowl combine the coffee, sour cream and melted butter.
- Next using an electric mixer or standup mixer add the coffee mixture to all the dry ingredients and mix gently on low.
- Allow the mixture to combine well. .
- Next add the whole eggs one at a time and mix until fully incorporated. Make sure to scrape the bowl several times during the mixing process.
- Lastly, add the melted chocolate to the batter and gently fold in the chocolate with a spatula until well blended.
- Pour batter into the cupcake lined muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool before serving.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. This recipe also freezes well.
Note that these Keto Chocolate sour cream cupcakes have a brownie like texture and therefore they will not rise as high as traditional chocolate cupcakes.