- 2 ( 5 oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into (20) 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond, or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup or 2 Tbsp Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp powdered sugar or powdered sugar substitute
- 1 large egg beaten with 1 tsp unsweetened almond milk or 2 Tbsp egg beaters
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Season diced chicken with salt and pepper. In a large mixing bowl combine, pickle juice and unsweetened almond milk. Add seasoned diced chicken. Toss to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or up to 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge. Drain the juice.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees if cooking them in the oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg and 1 tsp unsweetened almond milk. Stir in chicken and gently coat each piece of chicken into egg wash.
- Spray the air fryer basket or baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
In large shallow plate, combine flour, breadcrumbs, powdered sugar, paprika and garlic powder. Stir to well combine.
- Coat each chicken piece with egg mixture. Then evenly coat chicken pieces with flour mixture. Place coated chicken pieces into prepared air fryer or baking sheet.
- Spray the baking sheet and the top of the chicken nuggets with non stick spray made with canola oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden or bake in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Toss or flip the nuggets over half way through.
Makes 20 nuggets / Servings: 2 ( 10 nuggets) per serving – 3 Points for 10 nuggets or 6 Points for 20 nuggets
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 23TOTAL FAT: 0gSATURATED FAT: 0gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 0gCHOLESTEROL: 7mgSODIUM: 22mgCARBOHYDRATES: 2gFIBER: 0gSUGAR: 1gPROTEIN: 2g
Source : Thepounddropper.com