- 3 pound bag Fuji apples
- 3 pound bag Gala apples
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Cup water
- Peel and slice apples.
- Place in crockpot.
- Pour lemon juice over apples.
- Sprinkle with spices.
- Pour water over top.
- Cook on low for 9-10 hours.
- Stir every 2 hours after the first 4 hours.
- Let sit still for the first 4 hours with the lid on to sweat down apples.
- Blend until smooth with an immersion blender or food processor.
- Boil jar lids in water on the stove top.
- Spoon into jars.
- Place metal jar lids on top and screw metal rim until tight.
- Complete with a water bath or turn upside down on a towel to cool to room temperature.
- The steam in the jar and boiled lid should seal off the jar for storage.
- Refrigerate any jar once opened.
This recipe is Zero (0) points on Weight Watchers Freestyle program. Fuji and Gala apples are the sweetest apple varieties and they combine together to make a sweet sauce without any added sugar. Some who like their apple butter a little more \”spicy\” may want to add a second Tablespoon of the cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. Apple pie spice could also be used as spice flavor if that\’s what you already have.