Cream Buns will bring back all your childhood memories – and they’re so easy!
1/4 cup warm milk
2 x 75g sachets dried yeast
1 teaspoon caster sugar
3 cups plain flour
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1 cup warm milk, extra
50g unsalted butter, melted
12 teaspoons strawberry jam
1 tub thickened cream, whipped
Icing sugar for dusting
- Place milk, yeast and sugar into a jug and whisk to combine. Combine with cling film and allow to stand in a warm place for 5 minutes.
- Place flour and sugar into a bowl and mix. Add milk, butter and yeast mixture and stir to combine. Once a dough forms, place on floured bench and knead for 5 minutes. To test dough, place finger into the surface – if the dough bounces back it is read.
- Place dough into a bowl. Cover will cling film and leave to stand in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Once rested, divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. Place on a greased baking tray, leaving space in between each ball. Cover with cling film and allow to rest in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Cook in 200-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, slice down the top of each bun down the centre. Add a teaspoon of jam, then pipe in whipped cream. Add another dollop of jam, dust with icing sugar and serve.