This recipe makes baking cookies quick and easy. Cut the sugar and enjoy warm chewy cookies in minutes with only a few simple ingredients.
PREP TIME 12 MINS. COOK TIME 8 MINS. TOTAL TIME 20 MINS Servings (adjustable): Calories: 65
- 1 package (16 ounces) sugar-free cake mix
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. For easy cleanup use parchment or a silpat liner on baking sheet. Or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, cocoa, eggs, sour cream and water in a mixing bowl using a wooden spoon. The dough will be stiff and sticky to the touch.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Have a small bowl of water available to wet fingers.
- Gently roll tablespoons of dough into balls with damp fingers. Toss the balls in the cinnamon and sugar mixture to coat.
- Place balls on the cookie sheet. Gently flatten the cookie balls with the bottom of a glass or jar.
- Bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Substitute non-fat Greek yogurt for the light sour cream.The cocoa powder helps create a richer chocolate flavor. Skip it if you want.Use a regular cake mix, but note this adds 20 calories, 3 carbs, and 1 gram of fat per serving.If using a regular cake mix, reduce the water to 1 tablespoon.Try with a yellow cake mix for a more traditional snickerdoodle. No cocoa required.
Serving size: 1 cookie2*SmartPoints (Green plan)2*SmartPoints (Blue plan)2*SmartPoints (Purple plan)2*PointsPlus (Old plan)