Low fat digestive biscuit(s)
60 g, crushed
2 tablespoons, melted
12 g, powdered
Low Fat Soft Cheese
Fat Free Natural Fromage Frais
2 teaspoons, level
2 tablespoons, powdered
150 g, sliced thinly
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted margarine. Press the mixture over the base of a 20cm (8 inch) loose-bottomed cake tin or deep flan dish. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over 90ml hot (not boiling) water. Stir well, then leave for about 5-6 minutes until completely dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Beat together the low fat soft cheese, fromage frais, vanilla essence and sweetener. Check the sweetness, adding a little more powdered sweetener, if you like.
- Stir in the cooled gelatine liquid, making sure that it is thoroughly incorporated. Pour over the biscuit crumb base, then chill for about an hour, or until firm.
- Arrange the strawberries over the surface of the cheesecake. Sprinkle with the caster sugar to give them an attractive glaze. Chill until ready to serve.
Make sure that the gelatine has completely dissolved before you add it to the cheesecake mixture. Remember that gelatine is not suitable for vegetarians.