Strawberry Squares, these delicious baked treats are easy to make, feel free to use your favorite pie filling flavor!
YIELD:24 SERVINGSCOURSE:DessertCUISINE:AmericanStrawberry Squares, these delicious baked treats are easy to make, feel free to use your favorite pie filling flavor!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, or GF flour
- 1/2 cup canned strawberry pie filling
- confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray Baking Pam in a 13 x 9- inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter with the granulated sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the dough evenly in the prepared pan.
- With a small, sharp knife (or toothpick), score into twenty-four 2-inch squares.
- Place a teaspoon of pie filling in the center of each scored square.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature, then sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar before cutting and serving.
Serving: 1- 2-inch square, Calories: 138kcal, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 45mg, Sodium: 39mg, Sugar: 13.5gBlue Smart Points:6Green Smart Points:6Purple Smart Points:4Points +:4