Moist and chewy apple and nut filled cookie bars with only 6 WW SmartPoints each!
Prep Time20 MINSCook Time40 MINSTotal Time1 HRServings (adjustable): Calories: 147
- ▢ 4 tablespoons butter
- ▢ 1 cup sugar
- ▢ 2 large eggs
- ▢ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ▢ 2 medium apples (peeled, cored, and finely chopped)
- ▢ ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ▢ 1 cup all-purpose or white wheat flour
- ▢ ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ▢ ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ▢ ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ▢ ¼ teaspoon salt
- Position an oven rack in the center and preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch square baking pan. (Or for easy cleanup, since these apple brownies are a bit sticky, line a pan with foil and grease the foil.)
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl and beat it with an electric mixer on medium until creamy.
- Gradually add the sugar while continuing to beat. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Stir in the chopped apples and nuts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gently stir the flour mixture into the apple mixture. (The batter will be very thick.)
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into 16 squares.
These bars a bit crumbly when they’re first baked. I think they are even better after a day or two.Serving size: 1 apple brownies to see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site.6*SmartPoints (Green plan)6*SmartPoints (Blue plan)6*SmartPoints (Purple plan)4*PointsPlus (Old plan)Nutrition FactsSkinny Apple Brownies Recipe (AKA Apple Nut Bars)Amount Per Serving (1 apple brownie)Calories 147Calories from Fat 53% Daily Value*Fat 5.9g9%Carbohydrates 22.2g7%Fiber 1.1g4%Protein 2.5g5%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Course: DessertCuisine: AmericanKeyword: apple bars, apple nut bars, harvest brownies