Apple Pie Bars
Serves 9 – 3 weight watchers Points per serving
- 2 cups 212g of high protein, pancake mix, I use Kodiak buttermilk
- ½ cup sweetener I use Truvia Sweet Complete
- 1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon baking soda, salt
- 6 tbsps of light butter I use imperial 27% vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 308 grams of no sugar added apple pie filling I use Great Value brand. Dice into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 325° parchment line & grease an 8 x 8 baking dish
- To a medium bowl, add pancake mix, sweetener, soda, salt, cinnamon whisk to combine, add vanilla. Cut in butter; using a fork, smash butter into dry ingredients. Continue to do this until you have a sandy texture throughout. When you squeeze it in your palm, it should stick together.
- Using half of the mixture, press into baking dish evenly, bake 15 minutes remove from oven. Add apple pie filling; spread evenly, top with remaining mixture, do not press down.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes
- Let cool completely before slicing. Store in fridge in airtight container