- 2½ cups semi skimmed milk (600ml) 1% milk
- 3 eggs medium
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or vanilla paste if you have it!)
- 2 tbsp sugar (30g) I used superfine / caster
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 3 / 170oC / 150oC Fan / 325oF
- Heat the milk over a medium heat until it is hot but not boiling.
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla and sugar in a jug. Once the milk is hot, remove it from the heat and pour a little of it into the eggs, whisking vigorously. Now slowly add the rest of the hot milk to the eggs, making sure that you whisk continuously. By doing this, you are tempering the cold eggs and preventing them from cooking and curdling when you add the hot milk.
- Pour the custard mixture into 6 ramekins. Place the ramekins side by side into a deep baking tray. Pour enough warm water into the bottom of the baking tray to come ⅓ of the way up the ramekins.
- Place the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake for 25 – 30 minutes. Remove from the oven once the custards are set, have turned a light golden brown and have a bit of a wobble.
- Sprinkle a pinch of two of grated nutmeg on top of each egg custard before serving.
Please be aware that the nutritional information below has been automatically generated and does not account for variations in product brands and types, weights of individual ingredients etc. It should therefore be considered as an estimate.
PointedKitchen.com has calculated Weight Watchers Smart Points based on the individual ingredients used to make this recipe and not from the following nutritional information.
PointedKitchen.com is not responsible for any loss or damage relating to your reliance on this nutritional information.