- ▢Olive oil spray
- ▢2 1/2 cups peeled and grated on large holes sweet potatoes (about 1 8-ounce potato)
- ▢2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ▢1 teaspoon onion powder
- ▢1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- ▢1/8 teaspoon black pepper plus more to taste,
- ▢1 ounce finely grated Pecorino cheese 2 teaspoons reserved
- ▢6 large eggs
- Preheat over to 375°F. Spray a 6-cup non-stick muffin tin with oil spray and set aside.
- Toss grated sweet potato, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, onion powder and pecorino cheese (except for reserved 2 teaspoons) together in a mixing bowl to combine.
- Divide potato mixture evenly into six portions (about 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon) and place each in a prepared muffin cups.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up along the sides of each cup to form a well making certain there are no open gaps.
- Spray the insides of the potato wells with olive oil spray. Transfer to oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove muffin tin from oven, gently press the bottoms of the sweet potato cups and crack an egg into each.
- Return tin to the oven and bake until white are set and yolk are cooked, 12 minutes for runny eggs, 14 for slightly hardened yolks.
- Let sit one minute before carefully removing using an off set spatula.
- Sprinkle with remains remaining pecorino and more salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Serving: 1 egg cup, Calories: 132 kcal, Carbohydrates: 10 g, Protein: 8 g, Fat: 6.5 g, Saturated Fat: 2.5 g, Cholesterol: 190.5 mg, Sodium: 207 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 2 g