This Chicken Piccata is delicious!
Not only does it taste good but it’s also low in points. Only 3 points per serving for blue and purple, 5 points for green.
It tastes delicious on its own or with pasta. Since it’s so low in points it’s perfect to pair it with a small side of pasta.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers (liquid drained)
- 1 tablespoon fat free half and half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dredge both sides of the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Put a pan over medium heat and spray with olive oil spray. Add the chicken and cook 4 minutes.
- Spray the other side of the chicken with olive oil spray and flip. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil.
- Add the butter to the pan. Add the minced garlic once the butter has melted. Cook for 30 seconds making sure not to let the garlic get brown.
- Add the wine, lemon juice, half and half and capers. Let simmer for 3 minutes then add the chicken back into the pan. Check to see if it needs any additional salt and pepper.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Serving size: 1 of 4
Calories: 206, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Total Cholesterol: 78 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 9g, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Total Sugars: 1g, Protein: 25g