This delectable family favorite Chicken Waldorf Salad is tender chunks of chicken mixed with celery, grapes, apples, toasted walnuts, and mayonnaise. it is a tasty blend of flavors and textures.
- Author: Small Town Woman
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Method: cold prep
- 1 Granny Smith apple cored peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes halved
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the apple and lemon juice. Add chicken, celery, grapes, toasted walnuts and mayonnaise. Stir to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve on a bed of spring greens or leaf lettuce.
- Don’t like walnuts or have them on hand. Use other nuts like toasted pecans or sliced or slivered toasted almonds.
- Are you looking for a lighter version of Chicken Waldorf Salad? Substitute half of the mayo with non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Do you want to dress it up even a little more? Add one-half cup of dried cranberries or dried cherries.
- Do you want to sweeten it up a little bit? Add two tablespoons of honey.
- Want to make a wrap or a sandwich with the chicken salad? It is delicious on pumpernickel, rye, or European whole grain.
- You can substitute seedless green grapes for the seedless red grapes.
- You can use any kind of crisp apple like Granny Smith, Cripps Sweet, Fuji, Honeycrisp, or Gala.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.