FOR THE COCONUT-GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
- 6 whole reduced-fat or gluten-free graham crackers, about 4 oz
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons whipped butter
- 3 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 teaspoon gelatin (or vegetarian substitute)
- 12.3 oz package organic , firm
- 1/4 cup milk of choice, I used plain unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut such as coco lopez
- 1 tbsp sweetened shredded coconut
- Optional topping: toasted coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the whole graham crackers in a re-sealable plastic bag and crush with rolling pin, then measure 1 cup of crumbs and discard the rest.
- In a medium-sized bowl or a food processor, combine the graham cracker crumbs, raw sugar, 3 tbsp shredded coconut, whipped butter and 1/2 tablespoon of water; blend until it has a texture of coarse meal.
- Press into an 8-inch pie dish making the crust about 1/8-inch thick evenly all around and up the sides, evening the crumbs up to make sure there are no gaps or holes. Note: If you refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes before you bake it, this will help prevent crumbling when you want to serve it.
- Bake until the edges are golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the crust cool on a wire rack, before filling.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the gelatin in 1/2 tablespoon of water in a small bowl for 5 minutes.
- Lightly mash the silken tofu with a fork and place it in the blender with the coconut cream and remaining tablespoon of shredded coconut and blend until smooth, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Heat the 1/4 cup of coconut milk beverage in the microwave 40 to 45 seconds, and mix in with the gelatin until dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust and refrigerate until it sets, about 3 to 4 hours.
- Top with shaved coconut, if desired.
Serving: 1/8, Calories: 205kcal, Carbohydrates: 27g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 8mg, Sodium: 130mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 18gFreestyle Points: 10Points +: 5