This Easy French Toast Casserole is a quick and easy breakfast, brunch, or dinner option that can be cooked right away or assembled ahead of time and cooked the next morning-perfect for the Holiday season!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME45 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME10 minutes
TOTAL TIME1 hour 5 minutes
- 14 slices (one point) bread -I like using Sara Lee 45 calorie bread, Nature’s Own no sugar added bread, 647 Schmidt bread), cut into 1” inch chunks
- 2 cups fruit, fresh or frozen * If using frozen fruit, add them to the casserole while still frozen (do not thaw). This prevents coloring the batter.
- 5 large eggs or 1 1/4 liquid eggs
- 2 1/2 cups fat free half and half or 2 cups skim or unsweetened almond milk + 1/2 cup regular half and half
- 1/4 cup zero point white granulated sugar- I use Lakanto’s Organic Monkfruit Sweetener or Classic
- 1 Tbsp lemon or orange zest
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar free syrup- I use Mrs. Butterworth’s sugar free syrup or ChocZero no sugar added syrup
- Spray a 3-quart baking dish with non stick cooking cooking spray. Spread 1/2 bread cubes to cover the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Cover with 1 cup of the fruit, followed by the remaining bread cubes and fruit/blueberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs together. Add the fat free half and half, Lakanto’s organic white granulated sugar sweetener, sugar free syrup, vanilla extract, orange or lemon zest, and a pinch of salt. Whisk well.
- Pour the egg and milk batter evenly over all the bread chunks. At this point, you can cover the casserole with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate it overnight.
- Otherwise, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover the casserole with foil and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until baked through.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes before serving. Let it cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 (1/6th of 9×13 baking dish about 1 and 1/4 cup) servings
5 Points® per serving
How do I track this recipe in my WW app?
Click the link below to go to the recipe builder. You’ll first need to sign into your WW account and then the recipe builder will upload. Be sure to edit the recipe with any ingredients that you use that are different. The recipe builder is the most accurate way to create, obtain, and track the Points®
- What kind of fruit can I use instead of blueberries?
- Optional toppings for serving:
Light or fat free cool whip
- Point value is the same if you were to substitute the fat free half and half with 2 cups skim + 1/2 cup half and half.
- Optional toppings for serving:
- You can freeze for up to 2-3 months after baking.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 174TOTAL FAT: 1gSATURATED FAT: 0gCHOLESTEROL: 0mgSODIUM: 390mgCARBOHYDRATES: 34gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 14gFIBER: 20gSUGAR: 4gPROTEIN: 8g
Do not use the WW nutritional calculator to calculate points. The nutritional calculator does take zero point food ingredients into consideration and will not be accurate. Personal Point values and nutritional information is estimated and calculated using the brand of ingredients listed in the recipe. PersonalPoints values may vary depending on the brand of ingredients used and depending on your customized zero point foods list.