- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes, I used Tutorrosso
- 4 basil leaves, torn
- 6 large eggs
- 4 tbsp shredded Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat and saute the garlic until golden, about 1 minute.
- Add the salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and parsley and stir. Add the tomatoes, chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add the basil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Gently drop in the eggs keeping the yolks in tact, top with 2 tbsp of the Parmigiano Reggiano and 1 tbsp of the Pecorino Romano.
- Cover and simmer on medium-low 10 to 15 minutes, or until the eggs whites are cooked through and no longer runny.
- Finish with the remainder of the cheese and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with crusty bread (optional)
Serving: 2eggs plus sauce, Calories: 266kcal, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 19g, Fat: 15g, Cholesterol: 380mg, Sodium: 804mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 6g WW Points Plus: 7