- 1.5 lbs beef *I used stewing beef, sirloin or similar will work fine
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 4 small-medium white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 7 cups beef broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup pearl barley
- Brown the beef in a frying pan over medium heat, I used a little cooking spray in the pan, you do not need to cook all the way through, the beef will finish cooking in the slow cooker.
- Add the beef and all of the ingredients to the slow cooker, cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Makes 10- 1 cup servings. Store leftover soup in the fridge for up to 3 days, you can freeze this soup.
Nutritional info per serving- Calories… 183…Fat 5.2g…Sat fat 1.8g…Carbs 17.3g…Fiber 2.4g…Sugar 2.2g…Protein 15.9g