INGREDIENTSFOR FILLING1 tbsp.
small yellow onion, chopped4
cloves garlic, thinly sliced1
small carrot, chopped2
stalks celery, chopped2 c.
low-sodium chicken broth1 tbsp.
fresh thyme leaves1 tsp.
sweet paprika1/2 c.
heavy cream3 c.
rotisserie chicken1 c.
frozen green peas, thawed (optional)
Freshly ground black pepperFOR CRUST2 c.
shredded mozzarella4 oz.
large eggs, plus 1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp. water2 1/2 c.
almond flour2 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Make filling: In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion, garlic, carrot, and celery and cook, stirring, until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in broth, thyme, and paprika and bring to a boil. Let simmer, 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Stir in heavy cream and simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add chicken and peas and toss to warm through and coat with the sauce, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Make crust: In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt together mozzarella and cream cheese. Add eggs and stir to combine, then stir in almond flour, and baking powder. Season with salt.
- Dollop crust mixture over the filling and smooth the top with a spatula. Using a knife, cut an X in the center of the crust, then brush with egg wash.
- Bake until crust is golden, about 25 minutes.