- 2 cups mozzarella cheese part skim, shredded
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup Swerve sweetener
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup Sukrin Gold or use Swerve brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Swerve sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the mozzarella and cream cheese and melt together either 2 minutes in a microwave or over the stove on low heat. Stir until smooth.
- Add the remaining dough ingredients, wet hand and thoroughly incorporate as much as possible.
- Roll the dough on a piece of parchment paper, top with another sheet of parchment since the dough is quite sticky, about 16 by 8 in.
- Slice into 12 strips. Set aside.
- Combine the melted butter, sugar free sweetener and cinnamon. Mix well to combine, use half the mixture to spread onto the strips of dough. Roll them up and place them on a greased or parchment lined pie dish. Use the remaining butter mixture to pour over the tops of the cinnamon rolls.
- Bake 15-18 minutes. While they are baking you can make the frosting.
- Add the frosting ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Once rolls are hot out of the oven spread the frosting over the tops of the rolls and enjoy!
UPDATE Feb 2019: I changed the coconut flour from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup because some people were having issues with rolling the dough. I also tried a new method for preparing. Add all ingredients for the dough into the food processor, then add to a microwavable bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, it’s much better combined. Then proceed with recipe to roll it out, add cinnamon sugar filling and roll up using the ends of the parchment paper to help you roll it over. Then slice into 12 pieces and bake as follows. Nutrition info has been updated and total carbs went from 6grams to now 4grams.
Nutrition FactsKeto Low Carb Cinnamon Rolls (Fathead, Almond Flour Free)Amount Per Serving (1 roll)Calories 219Calories from Fat 171% Daily Value*Fat 19g29%Saturated Fat 11g69%Cholesterol 77mg26%Sodium 303mg13%Potassium 144mg4%Carbohydrates 4g1%Fiber 2g8%Sugar 1g1%Protein 6g12%Vitamin A 590IU12%Calcium 162mg16%Iron 0.4mg2%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.