A deliciously simple Lemon Pepper Baked Cod that is on the table in less than 15 minutes. Enjoy this flavorful recipe with fresh roasted veggies or lemon rice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category:main meal fish
- Method: bake
- 4 cod fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Lemons for garnish and juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Pat the cod fish very dry with paper towels. Place the fish fillets on the baking sheet and brush them with olive oil.
- Combine the lemon pepper, Cajun seasoning, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl or zipper bag. Sprinkle evenly over the filets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork at its thickest point.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Serve with fresh lemon wedges or spritz with fresh lemon juice.
- The safest method is to remove the frozen fish from the freezer and thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. For best practices and safety, remove the fish from the vacuum-sealed packaging and place it in a zipper bag and thaw in the fridge overnight.
- If you waited too long and need to thaw more quickly. Remove the fish from the vacuum-sealed packaging and place it in a zipper seal bag. Place the bagged fish in a bowl of cold water. Change the water every 30 minutes to ensure that it stays cold. Remove the fish from the cold water as soon as it is thawed and cook it promptly. Store the thawed fish in the refrigerator while you are getting the rest of the ingredients together or preheating a grill.
- Do not thaw fish on the counter.
- Please do not thaw fish in warm water.
- Do not refreeze fish that was previously frozen and thawed.
- If the fish was thawed in the refrigerator, use it within 1-2 days. If the fish was thawed using the cold bowl method listed above, then cook promptly.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5.5g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.7g||1%|
|Vitamin A0%Vitamin C0%|