- 2 tbsp light butter (30g) I used Lurpak Lighter
- 3 tsp lemon rind optional
- ⅓ cup superfine sugar / caster sugar (55g)
- 3 eggs seperated
- 4 tbsp self raising flour
- 1 cup skimmed milk (250ml)
- 2¾ cups fresh pineapple (450g) chopped
- 1 tsp icing sugar / powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180oC / 160oC Fan / 350oF.
- Use a little of the butter to grease a 1 litre ovenproof dish.
- Separate the eggs, placing the egg whites in one large bowl and egg yolks into another large bowl.
- Add the butter, sugar and lemon rind (if using) to the egg yolks and beat until they become thick & creamy. Add the milk and sifted flour to the mixture and fold in.
- Chop up or crush the fresh pineapple and stir into the mixture to combine.
- Now whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk (using clean whisk attachments – see notes above) until they form soft peaks.
- Scrape the egg white into the pineapple mixture and gently fold in. Pour the mix into the prepared dish.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes until the dessert is firm and has turned golden brown.
- Leave to stand for a few minutes before dusting with the icing sugar / powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!