This easy, comforting sausage and potato soup is hearty and dairy-free, made creamy by pureeing cannellini beans.
PREP TIME:10minutes mins
COOK TIME:45minutes mins
TOTAL TIME:55minutes mins
YIELD: 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 mild Italian turkey or chicken sausage links (pork or vegan sausage can also work)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 container (32 ounces low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth)
- 4 cups cubed yellow potatoes (peeling optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and spray with oil.
- Add the sausage links, crumble, and cook until browned, about 7 minutes, stirring often. Using a slotted spoon, remove the sausage and set aside in a bowl.
- Immediately add 1 teaspoon oil, and then the onion and garlic. Cook until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Italian seasoning and stir well to coat the vegetables. Add the beans and broth to the pot and stir.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy. If you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer the soup mixture to a high-speed blender and blend until creamy. Return to the pot.
- Add the cooked sausage, potatoes, and salt and pepper, and bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and let the soup simmer for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Once the potatoes are tender, add the spinach to the pot. Simmer for 1 minute and then serve.
Serving: 11/2 cups, Calories: 402kcal, Carbohydrates: 60g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 7.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 55mg, Sodium: 1164mg, Fiber: 9.5g, Sugar: 8g
– WW Points: 7