This strawberry shortcake cookies recipe from Martha Stewart for tender cookies studded with sweet strawberries is properly named! They are the perfect portable portion-controlled version of the classic dessert.t
These strawberry shortcake cookies taste more like bite-sized strawberry scones–soft and cake like–than cookies, but I loved them and think they would be perfect as part of a casual tea party.
Does anyone really have tea parties anymore or is this just a recurring romantic fantasy of mine?
When you read the recipe you’ll see that you make them just as you would scones or biscuits – combining the flour with butter until the mixture takes on a crumb like texture,
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Cookies Recipe (Half Batch)
If you like strawberry shortcake and/or cake like cookies, give these delicious home baked Strawberry Shortcake Cookies a try the next time you are looking for a fun and easy recipe calling for fresh strawberries.PREP TIME20 MINSCOOK TIME25 MINSTOTAL TIME45 MINSServings (adjustable): Calories: 64Author: Martha McKinnon | Simple Nourished Living
- 6 ounces (1 cup) fresh strawberries, hulled and cutinto 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Sanding sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter, or two forks until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the cream until dough starts to come together, then stir in the strawberry mixture, just until combined.
- Using a 1-1/2-inch ice cream scoop or two tablespoons, drop dough onto parchment lined baking sheets, spacing evenly apart. Sprinkle with sanding sugar, if using.
- Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer cookies with a spatula to a wire rack, and let cool.
These cookies are best served the day they are made, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 days. Here are the amounts for a full batch of strawberry shortcake cookies so you don’t have to do the math! Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *2Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *3Nutrition FactsEasy Strawberry Shortcake Cookies Recipe (Half Batch)Amount Per Serving (1 cookie)Calories 64Calories from Fat 25% Daily Value*Fat 2.8g4%Carbohydrates 9g3%Fiber 0g0%Protein 0.9g2%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Course: DessertCuisine: AmericanKeyword: fruit cookies, shortcake cookies, strawberry cookies