These Easy Sugar Free Buckeyes are the ultimate homemade sugar-free treat! Smooth peanut butter, Lakanto’s Confectioners sweetener, and chocolate come together to create a ball of deliciousness! This is very very delicius <3
Nutrition Information: Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 108TOTAL FAT: 6gSATURATED FAT: 3gCHOLESTEROL: 0mgSODIUM: 68mgCARBOHYDRATES: 20gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 16gFIBER: 4gSUGAR: 1gPROTEIN: 2g
PREP TIME10 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME1 hour
TOTAL TIME1 hour 10 minutes
- 3 Tbsp light butter, soft. I use Land O’ Lakes light butter or I can’t believe it’s not butter
- 1/2 cups low point peanut butter such as American Dream Nut Butter “Butter my Cup” or Better’n Peanut Butter, Peanut Spread
- 1 cup or Lakanto Powered sugar or Swerve Confectioners
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 oz. or 3/4 cup No sugar added Choczero milk chocolate chips or Lily’s chocolate semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, soft butter, powdered sugar sweetener, and vanilla extract.
- Mix until all ingredients are completely incorporated. The mix should be soft, slightly sticky, and shiny.
- Form balls (about 1-inch in diameter) and place on a baking sheet. Spread them 2 inches apart.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge or freeze for at least one hour. This will firm up the balls slightly and makes it easier to dip the balls into the melted chocolate. Be sure not to skip this step.
- Add the sugar-free chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave by 30-second intervals, stirring between each until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Remove the baking sheet from fridge or freezer. The balls should be hard on the sides, and a bit soft in the center. If they are too soft, keep them in the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- Using your hands or place a toothpick in the center of the peanut butter ball.
- Dip the peanut butter ball half way into the melted chocolate using your toothpick as a tool to gently roll the ball into the chocolate. Remove any excess chocolate with the side of the bowl.
- Place peanut butter balls back on the covered baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Repeat the chocolate dipping steps until all the buckeyes have been dipped with chocolate.
- Place baking sheet in the fridge for 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.