0 points except olive oil which I only used 1 tbsp and sprayed the pot with non stick spray will take just a few minutes to prep this recipe and about 40 minutes until your enjoying it.
- •2-tbs extra virgin olive oil
- •1/2-cup onion chopped
- •1/2-cup carrots chopped
- •1/2-cup celery chopped
- •4-garlic cloves sliced or minced
- Small container fresh mushrooms
- •1-10 oz can crushed tomatoes
- •2-10 oz cans of prepared cannellini beans rinsed 1/2 can and some broth pulsed with garlic (when added it helps thicken soup
- Small can Waterchestnuts for crunch
- 1- tsp dill or more if you like dill
- •48 oz low sodium chicken broth
- •1-10 oz bag baby spinach
- •1/4-cup grated Romano cheese
- optional. I didn’t use cheese
- •1-tsp Salt
- •1/2-tsp black cracked pepper
- Sprinkle garlic salt and garlic powder
- 1-heat the olive oil over medium heat in a pot large enough to hold the finished recipe.
- 2-when the oil is hot add the onions, carrots, celery, add after a few minutes add garlic, salt, pepper, sprinkle of garlic powder and garlic salt and dill. sauté this for 5 minutes.
- 3-add the broth, one can of the rinsed beans, mushrooms, Waterchestnuts and bring this to a boil. Cover the pot, lower the heat to a low simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4-using the back of a spoon smash the 1/2 can beans and some minced garlic or pulse in food processor or blender to create a creamy soup
- 5-add the smashed can of beans and the spinach and simmer for 10 minutes
- 6-remove the soup from the heat let stand for 2 minutes then stir in the Romano cheese