- 1 Tbsp Land o’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 cups or 4 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans or 43.5 oz reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups skinless, boneless chicken or rotisserie chicken with no skin, cooked and diced
- 1 (6 oz.) box Long Grain & Wild Rice with seasoning packet ( I use Uncle Bens)
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme or 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary or 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In large Dutch oven or pot, melt light butter. Add onions, celery and carrots on medium low heat.
- Sauté vegetables for 10 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Pour in chicken broth.
- Add garlic powder and dry seasonings. Pour in rice and the seasoning packet.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and 1 cup half and half with 1/2 cup flour until smooth.
- Pour cream and flour mixture into soup. Whisk until well combined. Stir in diced or shredded cooked or rotisserie chicken.
- Cook on low for 8-10 minutes or until rice is soft and soup has thickened.
- Serve warm. Garnish with fresh thyme, desired.
- Store leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Makes 8 (1 and 1/4 cup) servings
4 Points® per serving
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 195TOTAL FAT: 11gSATURATED FAT: 1gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 9gCHOLESTEROL: 64mgSODIUM: 986mgCARBOHYDRATES: 38gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 35gFIBER: 3gSUGAR: 3gPROTEIN: 21g