This soup will be your new favorite chicken soup recipe-packed with chicken, veggies, ranch seasoning, light cream cheese, and wing sauce! This is delicus <3
3 Points® per serving
Nutrition Information: Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 248TOTAL FAT: 9gSATURATED FAT: 5gCARBOHYDRATES: 12gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 9gFIBER: 3gSUGAR: 4gPROTEIN: 25g
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME20 minutes
TOTAL TIME20 minutes
- 1 and 1/2 lbs. of chicken breasts or tenders – raw, about 3 chicken breasts or 10-12 tenders. You can substitute the raw chicken and use 2 and 1/2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded or diced cooked chicken.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp dry ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 32-ounce or 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup Frank’s hot sauce
- Green onions, chopped for garnish
- Blue cheese crumbles, garnish
- Spray a large soup pot with non stick cooking spray. Add in the onions, carrots, and celery. Let them cook for 2-3 minutes the add the garlic and cook for another 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour and ranch seasoning, unsweetened almond milk, and 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Keep whisking until the flour is completely dissolved.
- Add the milk/flour mixture to the pot. Add the remaining chicken broth, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil then add in the chicken breasts. Cook the chicken breasts until they are completely cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the soup. Shred chicken using two forks. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl add the softened low fat cream cheese and a cup of the soup broth.
- Stir until melted and then add back into the soup.
- Add shredded chicken and hot sauce. Start with 1/4 cup of hot sauce and add more for your desired taste.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes or until hot.
- Serve hot with blue cheese crumbles and green onions, if desired
- Spray a skillet with non stick cooking spray. Sauté the onions, garlic, celery, and carrots.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the flour, ranch powder, and 1 cup of chicken broth and add that into the skillet with the vegetables.
- Pour milk/flour mixture along with the cooked vegetables into the slow cooker and add the rest of the chicken broth, onion powder, hot sauce, and the raw chicken breasts.
- Cook for 5-6 hours on low. Remove chicken breasts.
- While the chicken cools, add 1 cup of hot broth to the cream cheese, and unsweetened almond milk.
- Whisk until smooth and then add back into the soup.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and add put into the slow cooker. Cook for another ½ hour to hour or until the soup is hot.