This cake doesn’t just look pretty, it tastes amazing too! Our Strawberry-Lemonade Cake is a great cake for the warmer months, when we crave lighter and brighter flavors. Plus, it starts out with a box of cake mix, so you know it’s going to be easy. We’re sure you’re going to love it!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (4-serving size) package strawberry-flavored gelatin mix
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and drained
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, gelatin mix, strawberries, eggs, oil, and water, 2 to 3 minutes or until well mixed. Divide batter evenly between cake pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- To make frosting, in a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Slowly beat in 2 cups sugar at a time, alternating with lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Stir in lemon zest.
- Place one cake layer upside down on a serving plate and frost the top. Place the second layer over the first and frost the top and sides. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries to give this cake an extra-special look!
- Don’t forget to check out our collection of Cake Mix Recipes! There are so many amazing sweets you can make with this shortcut ingredient!