- 500g plain, strong white flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 sachet(s) dried yeast
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 125ml skimmed milk
- 150ml hot water
- 10 spray(s) calorie controlled cooking spray
- To Finish:
- 400g strawberry jam
- 4tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Read more at https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/weight-watchers-baked-jam-doughnuts#5kLWtVcQtDza5VFk.99
- Sift the flour and salt together in a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and yeast. Make a well in the middle and add the beaten egg.
- Mix together the milk and water to give a warm liquid, then pour into the well. Mix to a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough until smooth and elastic – about 6-8 minutes. Divide into 20 equal pieces and shape into rounds.
- Spray baking sheets with low fat cooking spray. Arrange the doughnuts on them, well-spaced apart to allow for rising. Cover with cling film or clean, damp tea towels until almost doubled in size. This will take about 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / fan oven 200°C / Gas Mark 7. Bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden. Cool.
- Make a small incision into each doughnut and fill with 1 tsp of jam. Brush each doughnut with water and roll in caster sugar and cinnamon (if using).