- 1 small onion – (finely chopped)
- 8 oz mushrooms – (chopped)
- 2 small stalks celery – (chopped)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 8 oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts – (cooked and diced)
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- ½ cup fat free evaporated milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp paprika
- 4 slices reduced fat crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a 10” pie plate with cooking spray (butter flavored is best).
- In a medium sized pot, melt butter over medium high heat. Add in onions and celery and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add in mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir in broth, chicken, vegetables, paprika, thyme and salt and pepper. Cover and simmer on medium for about 12-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk and flour. Pour into chicken and vegetable mixture and continue to cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until the sauce is thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie plate, and arrange crescent roll slices around the outside edge, leaving the pie open in the center.
- Place into oven and bake until the crust is golden brown, and the center of the pot pie is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
The entire recipe makes 6 servings
The serving size is 1/6th of the pie
Calories: 210 kcal (11%)Carbohydrates: 23.9 g (8%)Protein: 15.3 g (31%)Fat: 6.3 g (10%)Saturated Fat: 2.6 g (16%)Cholesterol: 30 mg (10%)Sodium: 748 mg (33%)Potassium: 519 mg (15%)Fiber: 3 g (13%)Sugar: 3.9 g (4%)Calcium: 70 mg (7%)Iron: 2.9 mg (16%)