These Roasted Chickpeas make for a savory, salty, nutty salad topping, soup topping, or for an addicting but healthy snack!
- 2 ( 15 oz.) cans garbanzo beans/chickpeas
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp smoked paprika or paprika powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain garbanzo’s in a strainer and rinse well with cool water. Shake to help remove water..
- Pour chickpeas on a clean paper towel, and pat dry. (Wet chickpeas don’t brown as well.)
- Spread the garbanzo beans across the prepared baking sheet, making sure they aren’t over lapping.
- Spray the tops of them generously with olive oil non stick cooking spray. Do not add any of the seasonings yet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stopping once or twice to stir around the chickpeas so that the chickpeas roast evenly.
- Take the chickpeas out of the oven and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the spices and toss well until the chickpeas are coated evenly.
- Place them back on the baking sheet and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until they’re golden brown and crunchy!
Air fryer direction
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Spray the tops of the garbanzo beans generously with cooking spray.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Shake half way during cooking.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy!
4 servings 0 ww points