This Easy Lightened Up Sausage Stuffing is the BEST LIGHTENED UP stuffing recipe. Made with simple ingredients and with minimal effort, making it an easy side dish that is full of flavor! Perfect for your day. This is very delicius <3
Nutrition Information: Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 229TOTAL FAT: 8gSATURATED FAT: 3gCHOLESTEROL: 29mgSODIUM: 750mgCARBOHYDRATES: 31gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 27gFIBER: 4gSUGAR: 2gPROTEIN: 9g
PREP TIME20 minutes
COOK TIME35 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME10 minutes
TOTAL TIME1 hour 5 minutes
- 2 cups Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles
- 1½ cups celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ¾ cup shredded carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped or 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 ( 10 oz.) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 ( 12 oz.) bag herb seasoned stuffing mix- I like to use Pepperidge Farm Herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Spray a large stockpot with non stick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat and add sausage crumbles.
- Cook until sausage crumbles they are throughly cooked and golden brown. Remove from heat and set the sausage crumbles aside on a plate.
- Add celery, onion, shredded carrots, garlic, and rosemary into the same stockpot. Sauté over medium to hight heat until onions are translucent. Add spinach and cook until spinach is soft and well combined. Remove from heat.
- Add sausage crumbles, stuffing mix, chicken broth, and beaten egg. Season with salt and pepper. Mix just until blended.
- Pour mixture into prepared casserole. Cover with foil. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and then bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly crispy on top.
- Serve warm. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.