- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 Pounds Sweet potatoes
- 3/4 Pounds Carrots, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1/2 Cup Low fat milk
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Mini marshmallows, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400F, spray an 8 inch baking pan with non-stick spray, and line a baking sheet with foil.
- To roast the potatoes you’ll need to stab them a few times each and place on a baking sheet whole. Bake for 1 hour or until tender. Remove from the oven, cut in half and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350F.
- While the potatoes are baking you can boil the carrots in salted water for about 25 minutes until they’re very tender. Drain and set aside when done.
- Melt butter in a small skillet, cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring or swirling the pan occasionally.
- Add cooked carrots, browned butter, and ginger to a food processor. Pulse until pureed. Scrap the sides occasionally to make sure you get everything an even consistency.
- Transfer this mixture to a bowl when done.
- Next, add the insides of your baked sweet potatoes, milk and salt to the food processor. Puree until blended.
- Mix the sweet potato mixture into the carrot mixture. Stir until combined.
- Spread the whole mixture into the prepared 8 inch baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and add marshmallows before baking for 10 more minutes.
- Top with pecans and serve in 1/2 cup servings!
4 Weight Watchers Points Per 1/2 Cup Serving
CupAmount Per ServingCalories135 Saturated Fat1g Cholesterol4mg Sodium224mg Carbohydrates25g Fiber3g Sugar7g Protein2g